- The right way to brush children’s teeth consists of small circular movements that reach the gums.
- The toothbrush that children should use should have a small head and soft hairs.
- From the age of 3 an electric toothbrush can be used, always supervised by an adult, and after the age of 7, its use is recommended without concern.
- Suggested tooth brushing frequency is at least 3 times a day, after every meal: in the morning after breakfast, at noon after lunch and at night before bedtime, ALWAYS !!!
Use of fluoride toothpaste
- Children younger than 18 months: use of a minimum amount of fluoride toothpaste with a fluorine content of 500ppm F.
- Children aged 3 to 6 years old: obligatory fluoride toothpaste with 500-1000 ppm fluoride, depending on the age and existence or not of early caries.
- Children over 6 years old (who can now control swallowing): use of fluoride toothpaste with a fluoride content of 1000-1450 ppm F.
- Children with severe caries problems: Supplementary use of fluoride tablet on a daily basis for a certain amount of time.
Use of dental floss
- Children over 6 years old: use of dental floss every night after brushing teeth.
- Children less than 6 years old: use of dental floss produced in special cases, with the help of the parents.
Use of mouthwash
- Children over 6 years old: Using mouthwash every night after brushing teeth, as long as our pediatric dentist recommends it.